Creating a seamless Mosaic

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Haverkamp
    Participant

Thank you @srosenfraz 😉 ! Big credits indeed to @mauricetoet, he captured excellent data with his Espilon. I thinks this picture is a real beauty..

KeesScherer
    Participant

” The multiple view mosaic registration is selected in 4) Register” . I can not find this option under 4) register…….

Haverkamp
    Participant

@keesscherer, the multiple view option is always applied in mosaic and regular registration mode.

So for a mosaic, you just need to select mosaic mode 😉

I can understand that this can be confusing in the way I wrote it.. I’ll adjust it.

• 1 person likes this.

KeesScherer
    Participant

O yes, a hole in one, blindfolded! The very first pass in APP with default settings of this 6 panel mosaic (Virgo cluster) just works! This is soo much simpeler to do than all the methods in Pixinsight…..  Just load the 6 stacks and let APP do it’s thing!

• 4 people like this.

Groenewold

Whohohoooo, kijk dat is pas reclame. 🙂 Supergave opname ook Kees!

edit: Sorry English; Gosh darn and holy smokes, what’s that haystack doing there, awesome picture!

• 1 person likes this.

Haverkamp
    Participant

Very nice @keesscherer 😉 ! Looking forward to the post processed version…

Let me know if you have questions about LNC or MBB or for instance the advanced normalisation mode 😉

KeesScherer
    Participant

Very nice @keesscherer  ! Looking forward to the post processed version… Let me know if you have questions about LNC or MBB or for instance the advanced normalisation mode 

Yes, i think so. See attached screenprint where the background values in the panel overlap areas do not match precisely. What can i change to improve this?

• 1 person likes this.

Haverkamp
    Participant

Hi @keesscherer,

you can try several things:

First, for the most optimal results, first apply the remove Light Pollution tool on all your panels and make sure all borders of the panels are evenly illuminated.

in 5) Normalize

use the advanced normalization mode instead of regular.

in 6) Integrate

the % in Multi Band Blending can be varied. If believe you have used 5%?

It looks like there is very little overlap between the frames. Possibly, it helps if you reduce the MBB % to 2 or 3.

And increate the LNC degree to 8th degree with 5 iterations.

If there is indeed very little overlap, this could be a case where an extra GUI setting could come in handy for LNC to give the LNC correction more weight in the overlap areas. I’ll try to incorporate this setting in the next APP version.

• 1 person likes this.

KeesScherer
    Participant

“# of overlapping frames”, how do we have to use this option?

Haverkamp
    Participant

Hi @keesscherer,

the number of overlapping frames is a parameter in the calculation of a mosaic with

“dynamic distortion correction”on an

“same camera and optics”off.

The higher the number, the more robust the result should be, but calculation time will be longer.

The other new setting for scales applies to all mosaic calculations. Increase scales for a more robust result.

Full explanation is coming, I promise 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You need to log in or to reply to this topic.