Astro Pixel Processor

APP BETA TESTERS – please test the new application security in 1.047-beta

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Haverkamp
    Participant

APP BETA TESTERS – please test the new application security in 1.047-beta

Please download APP 1.047-beta and test the new security system. No more online requirement after acitvation and no more mac address issues. Read the e-mail that I have just sent with instructions.

Thanks a bundle !
    Mabula

Oproep aan alle APP beta testers!

Download APP 1.047-beta en test de nieuwe applicatie security ? geen online vereiste na activatie en geen mac address issues meer als het goed is ? ! En lees de e-mail die ik zojuist heb verstuurd aan het beta team met instructies en informatie!

Mijn dank is groot ?
    Mabula

KeesScherer
    Participant

OK! Tested APP 1.047-beta 64 bit DEB package on 2 computers. Entered Licence info and APP starts with and without internet connection.

• 1 person likes this.

Theunissen
    Keymaster

Ok! Tested on my iMac and Win10 VMWare Fusion machine on my Macbook, both with and without internet connection.

Regarding:

• So if you enter a wrong license expiry date in the license activation window, the expiry date of the license will still be shown correctly.

This field is redundant from the user point of view? Skip (entry of) the whole field and the license server still has the correct data?

• 1 person likes this.

Haverkamp
    Participant

OK! Tested APP 1.047-beta 64 bit DEB package on 2 computers. Entered Licence info and APP starts with and without internet connection.

Thank you @keesscherer !

Haverkamp
    Participant

Ok! Tested on my iMac and Win10 VMWare Fusion machine on my Macbook, both with and without internet connection. Regarding:

• So if you enter a wrong license expiry date in the license activation window, the expiry date of the license will still be shown correctly.

This field is redundant from the user point of view? Skip (entry of) the whole field and the license server still has the correct data?

Thanks @mth75!

Indeed the expiry date entry field is redundant, because APP disregards the entry and checks the expiry in the database. I’ll remove it then from the activation window 😉

Thanks, didn’t realise yet I can just leave it out ;-)!

Groenewold

Allright, working here as well on OSX both with and without Internet. Nice!

Just a minor thing; wouldn’t it be nice to have OS icons on the downloads page, also for customers? That way you can’t really miss which version you need.

• 1 person likes this.

Haverkamp
    Participant

Allright, working here as well on OSX both with and without Internet. Nice! Just a minor thing; wouldn’t it be nice to have OS icons on the downloads page, also for customers? That way you can’t really miss which version you need.

Thank you @supernov 😉 !

Yes, it’s clear that the download section is not 100% obvious to everyone, I’ll try to improve there 😉

Haverkamp
    Participant

Good news, half of the beta team has tested already ! And everything is going very well 😉

2 things to adjust:

1) I’ll remove the expiry data from the activation form, since it’s value is redundant. APP checks the database and disregards the entry.

2) If you mess with the license file, APP won’t start, a new activation can only be started then if you remove the “corrupt” license file. I should alter behaviour that when APP finds a bad licensefile, it will warn the user and restart activation.

Thanks everyone 😉 !

• 2 people like this.

Haverkamp
    Participant

Update:

1) Both license expiry date and licence type entry fields are removed from the activation from ? both are redundant, since they are both looked up in the database. The name, email and code together make a license unique, so those can’t be made redundant ?

2) After messing with the license file, APP will start now and simply pop-ups a new license activation screen. So the user doesn’t need to remove the license file manually anymore before APP can start.

I will go ahead and release this tomorrow for everyone ?

Mabula

• 1 person likes this.

MauriceToet
    Participant

Here’s another ‘everything works fine’, with and without internet connection.

• 1 person likes this.

Haverkamp
    Participant

Thank you @mauricetoet ;-)!

van Overzee
    Participant

Everything is working fine now also off line

The only problem was that I had to fill in the right expire date.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 4 weeks ago by  van Overzee.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You need to log in or to reply to this topic.