Astro Pixel Processor

bug: error while selecting l-calibrated

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Musquetier
    Participant

I get a java error while selecting the l-calibrated view when multiple Master FLAT’s (one for Red and one for Green) were loaded and selected. Obviously a user mistake since only one should have been selected but I think a proper warning should be displayed instead…

• 1 person likes this.

Haverkamp
    Participant

Hi @musquetier,

I will try to replicate this tomorrow. The behaviour of APP should be that if multiple master flats are loaded and selected the first one should be used internally. The second one would be neglected.

I’ll test this tomorrow 😉

The option to filter the calibration frames and lights per channel for multichannel processing would be very useful and I think I can implement it soon.  I would add the option to select a channel when frames are loaded, and this channel will then be indicated in the frame column.

• 1 person likes this.

Musquetier
    Participant

The behaviour of APP should be that if multiple master flats are loaded and selected the first one should be used internally.

I think it would be better to warn instead of make assumptions or you should make it really intelligent: E.g. by determining the best fitting master based on the content the header of the subs versus the header of the selected master files (e.g. use the correct master file (Green) for the green labeled subs or the correct master DARK (60 sec @ -20C in my case for the 60 sec L subs at -25C).

BTW you might want to check if this occurs as well for multiple Master BIAS and Master dark files being selected unintentionally…

• 1 person likes this.

Haverkamp
    Participant

Hi Rob,

I totally agree, i’ll put it on the RFC.

I am going to test now if I can duplicate the error.

Mabula

Haverkamp
    Participant

Hi @musquetier,

I can’t duplicate the error at the moment with my own data.

Can you send me the frames that trigger the error, so I can investigate what’s really happening?

Mabula

Musquetier
    Participant

When I have time I will check if I can reproduce the error. if so I’ll sent you the files involved…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You need to log in or to reply to this topic.