Astro Pixel Processor

RfC Extending the Tooltips with parameter suggestions

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Theunissen
    Keymaster

In relation to the forthcoming manual I think it would be nice and quite handy to extend the Tooltip information with parameter suggestions and small descriptions, like PI does.

• 2 people like this.

Haverkamp
    Participant

Excellent suggestion @mth75, i”ll work on the tooltips while working on the quick start guide and manual ? I’ll add this to the RFC list at the top.

(I have moved the warning system about possibly wrong, sub optimal calibration also to the top of the RFC list)

• 1 person likes this.

Haverkamp
    Participant

Hi all,

I am working on the tooltips as a simple and quick way to inform the user about all possible settings and when to use these.

I have set the current time for the tooltip to show at 60 seconds. So if you hoover over a button, the tooltip will show, and if you don’t move at all in 60seconds, the tooltip will dissapear. If you move the mouse over the button while showing the tooltip, the 60 seconds counter starts again when you don’t move the mouse anymore.

Is this practical in your opinion? Normally a tooltip only shows for 5-15 seconds.

I have managed to get a nice tooltip implementation. I can use HTML coding for the tooltip, so I could even put small images/graphs in the tooltip in due time for further explanation.

• 1 person likes this.

Theunissen
    Keymaster

Is this practical in your opinion? Normally a tooltip only shows for 5-15 seconds.

Should be enough, PI shows 15s on hover.

Groenewold

Can you scroll the tooltips if they become too big? That would be nice, but for that I would have to move the mouse. Maybe it might be a nice idea to be able to do that and click outside to close them without a timer. And to be able to turn these on or off.

• 1 person likes this.

Haverkamp
    Participant

Hi @mth75 & @supernov,

No scrolling implemented yet, since this is not needed currently.

But you can enable/disable the tooltips in the CFG menu from version 1.038 which I’ll try to release today 😉

• 2 people like this.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You need to log in or to reply to this topic.